School Values and Vision
At St Clement Danes children take their place in the history books of a school founded more than 300 years ago.
Our school motto is 'Our Values are our anchor'
Our Values are: Thankfulness, Friendship, Wisdom, Endurance, Forgiveness and Service.
We aim to:
- foster spiritual and moral development in a caring Christian community
- ensure children thrive
- inspire children through a creative curriculum where talents are discovered
- work in partnership with parents and carers
- celebrate our cultural diversity and unique community
- stimulate and challenge every child, in every lesson, every day
- help children to understand their roles as citizens – locally, nationally and globally
- help children to achieve excellence and enjoyment
We believe that each child should:
- be in an environment that nurtures happiness and a high level of self-esteem
- be encouraged to develop critical thinking and to ask questions
- learn to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- understand the value of co-operation
- know that the school expects high standards of behaviour and a positive attitude towards work and school
- be provided with a moral framework in which they can make informed decisions and judgments
- develop an understanding of other people’s feelings, views, culture and lifestyle
- develop a growing understanding of, and respect for, the environment.
Children and the curriculum
The school provides a broad, well-planned, balanced and differentiated curriculum. This is based on the National Curriculum. The school follows the London Diocesan Board for School’s curriculum for Religious Education. This combination nurtures each child’s intellectual, personal, social, spiritual, moral, and physical development.
Each child is helped to develop the concepts, knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes which will enable them to become a confident and independent learner. Each child will be able to work co-operatively and to use their own initiative.
There is equality of access to the curriculum for all children, particularly for those children who may have special educational needs, those for whom English is a new language and those whose learning needs stretching.
In teaching and learning continuity and progression is ensured. Robust assessment and record-keeping informs further planning and teaching to meet children’s individual learning needs.
Please click the link below to read our school Mission Statement