School Vision and Values
‘Providing an anchor in life, so that all may have life and have it to the full’
(cf. John 10:10b)
Our school community is anchored in the deep wisdom of Christian learning and service, enabling every child to flourish in body, heart, mind and soul. We pursue an inclusive vision, grounded in the life and teaching of Jesus Christ, that all may have life and have it to the full.
Over 300 years ago, the Christian founders of St Clement Danes School were moved and inspired to offer free education to the children of Covent Garden, based on the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. That vision, inclusive of all, continues to guide us.
The Christian vision of life reaches into every facet of life, and we seek to live out this vision each day: in class, in our collective worship and in all our relationships. Our school vision forms the framework around which we build our school. It enables our children to flourish in body, heart, mind and soul.
Our School Christian Values are:
- Wisdom - The Wise Builder
- Endurance – The Persistent Widow
- Friendship – The Paralysed Man
- Forgiveness – The Lost Sheep
- Thankfulness – The Thankful Leper
- Service – The Good Samaritan
We strive to:
- Stimulate and challenge every child, in every lesson, every day - through excellent teaching and a vibrant, creative curriculum, reflecting the fact that every child is made in the image of God.
- Ensure everyone achieves their full potential and uncovers their talents in a safe environment, because every child is important to God.
- Give children a proper voice in their education and listen to that voice, helping them to understand their rights and responsibilities as confident citizens of the future, because every child’s voice matters to God.
- Foster the spiritual, moral and physical development of our children within a caring Christian community, for caring reflects God’s love for us.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers, celebrating our community's rich cultural diversity, because community is central to the Christian vision.
Our vision enables every member of our diverse community to grow and thrive. Through our vision we develop happy, resourceful children who achieve their very best and recognise their unique value in the world.
Our school values are rooted in stories from the Bible:
- A story of thankfulness (Luke 17:11-19) - please click here
- A story of friendship (Mark 2:1-12) - please click here
- A story of service (Luke 10: 25-37)- please click here
- A story of wisdom (Matthew 7: 24-27) - please click here
- A story of forgiveness (Luke 15 : 3-7) - please click here
- A story of endurance (Luke 18: 1-8) - please click here
Please click here for a copy for our School Vision Statement: